Re: problem with SATA disk, difference between standard kernel and Debian kernel

On Friday 2008 December 12 22:41:17 Adrian Levi wrote:
>2008/12/11 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss03@volumehost.net>:
>> iwl3945 -- My personal cross to bear. :(
>
>I'm not using any access restrictions
>on the access point itself, it's basically open.

Both the APs I need to deal with regularly are WPA Personal.

>Mine is an Acer 5920G-3A2G25MN, suspend and resume working flawlessly.

Inspiron E1505, and suspend and resume are also working well since I got off
the older ifw3945 driver.

>What have you been using?

The non-free firmware, which troubles me.  I was under the impression that
free software would drive all the hardware in the laptop, and was a bit
disappointed that I needed non-free software to use the wifi.

For the next laptop, I will do more research and hopefully get one where all
the integrated hardware is driven by free software, Debian (preferably
stable) in specific.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))