Re: Etch: iceweasel crashing with EAGAIN error

On 2008-12-11 18:10 +0100, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> I'm running the lastest version of iceweasel on Etch, and am finding
> that the browser crashes regularly with a segmentation fault. When I run
> strace, I get "EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)" as part of the
> trace just before it dies altogether.
>
> I googled around and didn't really find any open bugs or other comments
> on this particular issue. Is anyone else having problems with iceweasel
> on Etch? Is there a workaround?

While I don't use Etch, two things you can do come to mind:

- run iceweasel -safe-mode and see if the problem persists.

- install the iceweasel-dbg package and run iceweasel -g in the hope of
  getting a backtrace.

I would start with the second option and report a bug in the BTS with
the backtrace as soon as a crash happens.

Sven