Re: Freeze SO Linux, it's possible?

http://www.tuxonice.net/ ?

> has a keep image mode,

swsusp has been supported in mainline kernel as of 2.6.17 . I used to use
the tuxonice patch but later on moved to uswsusp (s2disk).

> although you need to be
> really careful with such stuff. You need to make sure that disks that do change
> are unmounted before you make the image or it will trash your drive (missmatch
> between memory state and disk state)

Right. Not really recommended if you're after replications and such. It
has a mode for that, but you really have to know what you're doing for
that.