Re: Dhcp and dns update

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 11:09:51AM +0100, Jesus arteche wrote:
> hey,
>
> I have a dhcp server and a bind9 installed in my server...both works
> perfectly...but now i want teh dhcp server update the bind... i think my
> conf its right but it doesnt work...my conf files

You need to tell dhcpd which key to use to update bind.  Notice you have
defined a key to allow for updates in the allow update statement, you
also have a key called TRANSFER, you need to tell dhcpd about the update
key.

you can use nsupdate to test

> dhcp.conf

[snip]

> include "/etc/bind/rndc.key";
>
> key "TRANSFER" {
> algorithm hmac-md5;
>         secret "FCi9fs/xGz/61FX3GTX8fw==";
> };

[snip]

> zone "xxxx.es" {
>         type master;
>         file "/etc/bind/zones/master_xxxxx.es";
>         allow-update { key "rndc-key"; };
>         notify yes;
> };
> zone "." IN{
>        type slave;
>        file "/etc/bind/db.root";

[snip]

--
"You f--cking son of a bitch. I saw what you wrote. We're not going to forget this."

	- George W. Bush
06/20/2005
To writer Al Hunt