Problem compiling in amd64

hey,

I'm compiling a mod for apache ...and i discover that it is designed jus for x86 not for amd64...and i get this error :

 relocation R_X86_64_32S against `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
mod_waklog.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536

I found some help in their web...but the help is just for RH...someone know how to to do it in debian...thats the trick:

edit src/cf/osconf.m4 to set CCOBJ to -fPIC for whatever platform you
have (amd64_linux26?)

If someone knows another trick is welcomed.

thanks