Re: NFS boot with a dhcpless network

On 12/09/08 09:58, Micha Feigin wrote:
I want to setup three machines to boot over the network from an nfs root.
The network doesn't have a dhcp server (I prefer if it's possible to do it
without one) and the network card is only supported with newer kernels
(2.6.28-rc).

Is there a way to do it through grub or do I need to setup a minimal system and
boot from it?

Any pointers on how to set this up?

PXE boot seems like what you want, where the client's NIC requests the boot files from the server.

Or am I misunderstanding your questions?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

How does being physically handicapped make me Differently-Abled?
What different abilities do I have?