Re: supported hardware: scanner

On 09 Dec 2008, Bernd Kloss wrote:
> Lenny
>
> Hello,
>
> in search for a flatbed scanner I looked through
>

> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON
>
> I could not find any newer scanners by Canon that are  ranked
> good or complete.
>
> Are there any experiences with Canon LiDe 90 or 100?
>

> Generelly speaking:
> Where do I find recent information about supported hardware?
>
> Thank you
>
> Bernd Kloss

I don't think they are supported. I had a lot of discussion here and on
a linux newsgroup about this a few months ago. The consensus seemed to
be that flatbed scanners are becoming extinct and you are pretty much
condemned to buy a combined printer and scanner. I'm just keeping my
fingers crossed that my trusty Epson Perfection 1650 goes on working.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk
and sceptical articles)