Perl modules

Recently, I needed to install a perl module that I was not able to find with synaptic or aptitude using the 'normal' repositories. I believe the module was File::Find::Path.

I know I can install this module via CPAN. Is this the recommended method when a module is not available in the 'normal' repositories?

Thanks,
Mike

--

 Unprecedented performance:  Nothing ever ran this slow before.
  21:00:01 up 4 days, 21:01,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.06

 Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org