Re: Hosts List (ARP?) Click to flag this post

No, there is nothing on windoz box, I intended not to touch C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
I even already create list inside dnsmasq.conf:

address=/debian/192.168.168.1

restart debian box, restart network on windoz, dnsflush on windoz,
still, 'ping debian' is resulting: Ping request could not find host debian.

i want my debian act as the local dns, we ping any hostname within the network, debian resolve the ip.....
'hopefully' apart from installing BIND, this can be done by dnsmaq or something

Any advice?

Cheers

Phillipus Gunawan <mr_phillipus@...> wrote:
> but then, even from myxp box, when I try to ping with command:

> C:\>ping debian
> Ping request could not find host debian

On this Windows box, where have you defined the host "debian"?
Chris

      Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline