Re: Kernel 2.6.27 in Debian?

On 2008-12-07 22:35 +0100, Simon Guest wrote:

> I really expected 2.6.27 to be in Sid by now, but it's not, and I
> can't find any mention of it anywhere, on the mailing lists or
> elsewhere.
>
> Does anyone know when this is likely to happen?  Is something holding
> it up?

Yes, the Lenny release.  After Lenny is released¹, a newer kernel will
hit unstable, though it will almost certainly not be 2.6.27.

> From kernel.org: The latest stable version of the Linux kernel is:
> 2.6.27.8
>
> Anyone like me with an Intel Wifi 5100 wireless chipset really needs 2.6.27.

If you don't want to build your own kernel, the Debian kernel team
provides unofficial 2.6.27 images, see
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianKernel.  You need to add the "trunk"
repository to your sources.list.

Sven