Umlaute

Hi,

how can I get xterm and xemacs to display German Umlaute correctly?
I've configured locales so that they are available, but changing LANG
in xterm or trying to change the encoding xemacs uses for a buffer
don't get the Umlaute displayed. I've never had this problem before,
it just worked fine after configuring the right locales. The only
difference is that I don't have a German keyboard now and that I'm
using amd64 instead of i386.

Web browsers display Umlaute just fine.

--
"Don't let them, daddy. Don't let the stars run down."
http://adin.dyndns.org/adin/TheLastQ.htm