Mounting Samba and fstab problem

I'm trying to set up a Samba share on a Lenny laptop that I
can access as a regular user (i.e., me). I've tried going
through the man pages and Googling, but I'm still hung up on
something.

I can mount it manually with:

  $ sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=jester //192.168.1.10/HD /mnt/RemoteDisk

and then entering the Samba password. However, then I only
have access as root.

My goal is to have access without becoming root. I don't need
it to mount on boot, as it's a laptop, and I can't access the
disk when away from home. I tried following various
instructions in the man pages, and after making a separate
credential file, ended up with this in my /etc/fstab:

//192.168.1.10/HD  /mnt/RemoteDisk smbfs   noauto,users,credentials=/home/jester/.smbpassword 0 0

However, when I then try to mount this, I get an error:

$ mount //192.168.1.10/HD
mount error: permission denied or not superuser and mount.cifs not installed SUID
$

Where is my mistake here? I've tried various things with no luck.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower