problem with grub loader and screen resolution in gnome

during  debian installation from a new r4 cd that i downloaded from debian.org, i got the following error

grub fatal error

during installation and then i installed the lilo loader instead of debian.

now i can access debian though i still dont know how to configure lilo to access windows. this is the first time i got grub fatal error during debian installation....

A. How do i revert back to grub loader??
B. Or how can i configure lilo to get access to my Windows??

Another problem i'm having is that i'm not being able to change the screen resolution.. all icons appear very large in size...  I tried changing the resolution but i found only one resolution is supported 640*480..

C. how do i make my display normal??