Re: centralized authentication

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008 13:37:44 -0500
"Brian Schrock" <schrock.brian@gmail.com> wrote:

> A good simple solution is pam mysql. You just stick the users in mysql
> tables and configure pam and a few other files. In my experience ldap
> is not quite as simple as libpam-mysql.
>

> Brian,

Thanks,

I may have not been clear enough, this can be considered a small secure system
(4 computers, and although all are connected to the Internet, they are behind
the university firewall) and all the users can be considered trusted users. The
communication between the machines is going to be private (all connected to each
other, internal cluster communication isn't visible externally), so even if not
encrypted you will have to break into the system in the first place in order to
snoop.