Re: How to stop an active network connection

When the date was Wednesday 03 December 2008, T o n g wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I stop an active network connection? e.g.,

Using iptables(8) you can stop any kind of traffic manually or
automagically, using something like the following (assuming that you
normally accept ssh connections):

iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW -m recent --set
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW -m recent \
--update --seconds 3600 --hitcount 4 -j DROP

--
 Michael Iatrou (fnpk)