Re: ALSA sound recording frustration SOLVED (to a point)

On Saturday 29 November 2008 07:20 pm, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 14:11, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp@aliceadsl.fr>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Hi Kelly.
> >
> > I did see the Etchnhalf 2.6.24 kernel when looking at synaptic. I only
> > suggested the musix one, as I have it installed, and know it uses alsa
> > driver 1.0.16. I'm on dialup, and didn't want to download the etchnhalf
> > kernel, only to find that the alsa driver available on it was earlier
> > than 1.0.16.
> >
> > Have you got the etchnhalf kernel 2.6.24 x86 installed, and could let me
> > know which alsa driver version it is using? Otherwise I'll install it
> > myself.
>
> I run Unstable, actually. But I see now that 2.6.24 uses alsa 1.0.15.
>

> Cheers,
> Kelly Clowers

Hi everyone,

Using the MUSIX kernel solved the problem with the "sound card."  Sound now
works--YIPEE!!!  Many thanks for all the good suggestions.

Now I need to compile some kernel modules for VirtualBox so I need the kernel
source.  Of course, it is not listed in synaptic, so now I'm in the position
of rebooting between configurations that use sound and one where I can use
VirtualBox.

More suggestions?

Mark