Driver for DSL Router connected via USB?

I'm trying to get this:
System Type:  SpeedStream 4200-Series
Config Part #:  003-6100-G0a
Firmware Part #:  004-D241-A0U
MAC Address:  00:18:D1:82:65:9E

working via USB.  It works just fine over ethernet but I don't have a extra
ethernet cable to let my family borrow until I can visit again and they were
using USB with Microsoft Windows.

I've googled a bit, and the suggestions seem to be:
1. Use ethernet
2. Google for a driver
3. Maybe get some use out of rndis_host or cbc_ether subdrivers in usbnet.

I was hoping someone on the list might have some experience or better
suggestions for getting the device working under Debian.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))