Re: Truecrypt as A User

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 02:40:14PM +0700, Zaki Akhmad wrote:

> I am using truecrypt to encrypt my partition. But I can't access my
> encrypted partition as a user. Is is must run as a root?

Mounting is (usually) an activity that requires root privileges. I don't
use truecrypt on linux, so someone else may have to help you with that,
but I'd recommend using a native tool like encfs with the cryptkeeper
GUI since that is designed to be mounted/unmounted by mortal users
without special root permissions or changes to /etc/fstab.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"