Re: using dual core to build kernels

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 01:39:31PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> I have a dual core system here, what is the switch to make make-kpkg
> when building the kernel to use both cores? I know -j works for make,
> but is there one for make-kpkg?

>From the make-kpkg man page:

CONCURRENCY_LEVEL

"If defined, this environment variable sets the concurrency level of
make used to compile the kernel and the modules set using -j flags to
the sub make in the build target of make-kpkg.  Should be a (small)
integer, if used. You can get the current number of CPUs using the
command: "grep -c ’^processor’ /proc/cpuinfo" WARNING: Do NOT set the
-j option in MAKEFLAGS directly, this shall call the build to fail."

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah