Re: ALSA sound recording frustration

Mark Neidorff wrote:

> Is there anything else you need to know about my system to help me get sound
> working?
>
> PLEASE HELP me get sound working.

To list the recording devices on your system use the command:
$> arecord -l
..snip..
card 1: M2496 [M Audio Audiophile 24/96], device 0: ICE1712 multi
[ICE1712 multi]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Using the output of the above command, you can specify the recording
device to arecord using "-D" option. For example, here is a command I
have used in the past (change the device according to your settings):
$> arecord -D plug:hw:1 --duration=10 --file-type raw  -f cd foo.wav

Regards.

ever having been read.