Re: advice on cloning system

tom arnall wrote:
I want to put linux on a new computer, without having to rebuild all my applications. Following are the steps I plan to take:

	Install a base system with the same network installer
	that I used for the source machine and without getting
	anything from the network.

	Copy to the new machine from old with:

		su
		mount /dev/sda3 /sD
cp -dRvpu / /sD
	The drive on the new machine is bigger and of a
	different brand. For the copy, the new drive is
	attached to the old machine as a usb drive.

am i missing anything?

I would use mondo and restore to the new computer with the DVD that is produced.

Mondo figures out what should be copied and what not.

Hugo