Re: .bash_history duplicates

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:

On Wednesday 2008 November 26 16:28, Robert Holtzman wrote:
I've been going thru a number of bash related web sites looking for the
way to eliminate duplicates in ~/.bash_history. So far I've turned up

I use:
export HISTCONTROL=ignoredups:erasedups

My .bash_history doesn't have any adjacent duplicates.  Not sure why erasedups
doesn't seem to be working.

After trying it I see the same thing. The search goes on. Anyone else?

--
Bob Holtzman
Your mail is being read by tight lipped