laptop does not resume after suspend

Hi,

Some days ago, following a normal package update, I noticed that my Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop doesn't resume after suspend any more. Now the only way to quit the suspended state is to switch the laptop off by pressing the power button. In fact I have no clear idea what package can cause this bug to file a proper bug report. I updated acpid and kernel-image to acpid_1.0.6-16_amd64.deb and linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64_2.6.26-10_amd64.deb respectively. Has anyone noticed anything similar to my problem? What causes this?

Thanks for help, in advance...