Re: SMART error (OfflineUncorrectableSector) detected on host:

2008/11/25 Paul Cartwright <ale@pcartwright.com>:

> from syslog:
> # grep sdb syslog
> Nov 25 08:26:14 hostname smartd[3968]: Device: /dev/sdb, 1 Currently
> unreadable (pending) sectors

extract the smart details from the drive, I'll wager that you have hit
the wall with your realloc_sector_count. Meaning you have no more
re-allocatable sectors available and the drive has found another bad
sector.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.