Re: Colored less

Rob Gom wrote:
Hi,
do you know any colored less version? I often browse logs (not Linux
system logs). I use less for that and it works fine. However it is
single colored. I know that less has ANSI sequences support, but for
that I would have to change program output (which is not possible).
The only solution which I see is run sed producing ANSI sequences as
LESSPIPE. Do you know any other solution?

Did you try `ccze'? It is in the repos.

In other words: I have text file. It can be big (few GB). I want to
browse it. I would like to color every line, for example containing
ERROR as RED, containing WARNING as YELLOW, containing \[RG\].*debug
as GRAY ... I would like to define coloring rules. The viewer can be
text-based (like less) or for any XWindow system.

I would appreciate any comments on that.

Regards,
Robert

                                       -- Albert Einstein