Re: Help - Restrict root privileges - What is indispensable?

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 12:54:09AM +0100, Manuel Gomez wrote:
> Hi, i would like to restrict the privileges of root. Now goes the
> question: why?

But if you restrict too far, you can not manage system with GUI etc.

> I only need the essential for run my OS:

If you really want this, disable sudo by removing it... only if you can
hadle it.

> Can access to my frontend netfilter (iptables) shorewall.
> Use chmod, run sh scripts, and any command essential for running the OS.
>
> I would like more security, and i have to open gksu constantly, so i
> have chossen this. I not going to use sudo because Shorewall doesn't
> accept using it as a normal user.
>
> How could I change /etc/sudoers?

You can remove but ...

I thik you have wrong idea on how to manage Linux system in general.

Osamu