Re: receive system mail into inbox?

On 11/23/08 12:22, Jack wrote:
Hello,

is it possible to receive system user mail (the mail one can usually read
using the command line "mail" program, for example system error reports) as
normal mail through kmail or any other desktop mail program?

If yes, how to configure to do so?

The complicated[1] way to solve this is to have fetchmail feed an MTA (which SpamAssassin can plug into) which feeds an MDA like procmail or maildrop which puts the mail in a user's Maildir. Your MUA then accesses mail thru an IMAP server.

How this relates to your question is that system mail is sent via the same MTA that fetchmail sends mail to, so system mail gets dropped into your Maildir the same as "external" mail does.

[1] Complicated to set up, but it's been running for me now for 4 years with no maintenance

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!