Re: Please send me a lifeline

Hi Jesse,

Hopefully we'll be able to help.  First step is to get a bit more information.

When you say that you cannot get online media to play -- what kinds of
media files are you referring to?  I'm guessing you mean flash mostly;
are you trying to do streaming audio or video in any other formats?
Can you give an example of what websites you're trying to access?
What web browser are you using to access the online media?

You said:

> everything is set up for mediaplayer or a flash player.

Okay.  How did you set this up, what steps have you done to make it
ready?  That will help us know what you need to do next.

Hang in there.  It certainly is possible to get Debian to play online
media, it's just a matter of doing some fixing, and you'll hopefully
learn a lot by doing it, too.

best,
Jeff