Re: What version of debian should I install at this point in time?

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 07:49, Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am upgrading to a larger HD on my laptop.
>
> Since I will have a bit more space, I plan to copy my existing Sarge and
> Etch systems to the new drive and install something more current as well.
>
> I have heard that Lenny will soon replace Etch as the stable version.
>
> Should I wait a bit, or is there any way I can "finalize" my Lenny
> install at a later date without having to reinstall?

If you list Lenny instead of Testing in sources.list, your install will
follow Lenny from testing straight to stable. Or you could do it the
complicated way and switch sources.list from testing to stable
just before the release, and then hold off on any updates until the
release.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers