Re: debian non-us

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 08:15:52AM EST, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> Ups, again a stupid error writing you privately instead of to the
> list ...
>
> So here my email again to the list:
>
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 01:59:30PM +0100, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 07:41:33AM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:
> > > I understand that the law has changed over here and that I may not need
> > > this any more in my sources.list.
> > >
> > > Now, is there a document that would confirm this and explain what I
> > > should do to fix this.
> >
> > yes, it was in the release notes for sarge:
> > http://www.debian.org/releases/oldstable/i386/release-notes/ch-whats-new.en.html#s-non-us

Looks good to me ..

Since they don't mentions anything else apart from removing those lines
I guess I should be OK.

In any case since the Dutch mirrors no longer exist there's nothing else
I can do anyway.

My guess is that they were kept alive until some time earlier this year
for some backward compatibility reasons, perhaps, and that's why I was
not seeing those error message.

The only thing that does not fit in is that the first release of debian
I used was sarge .. shortly before it became stable .. so I'm not sure
why I had these non-us lines in my /etc/apt/sources.list in the first
place.

Ah, go figure..

Thanks!

CJ