Re: Xorg not starting fully on Thinkpad T21

Morning all.

I've got quite an intermittent problem with my laptop:
When I boot, sometimes it gets as far as starting GDM, and then the screen goes blank as per the usual change from a text display to a graphical one, but the grahical one doesn't appear - I'm left with a blank screen that is definitely powered up.
ctrl-alt-F* doesn't get me anything viewable. It's not yet happened on enough of a network for me to know whether the network's still up or see if I can ssh in.
In general, powering it off then rebooting gets it working. It does work more times than not, but I'm not sure of the ratio. Somewhere a bit better than half successful, I'd imagine.

It's an IBM Thinkpad T21, with a Savage graphics chipset. I'm running Debian 4 fully updated.
The xorg log is at:
http://aviswebsite.co.uk/moses211108.xorg.log
And doesn't seem to contain any errors, but I don't really know what to look for beyond EE and WW.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

--
Avi Greenbury :) http://aviswebsite.co.uk

http://aviswebsite.co.uk/asking-questions/

I had some problems in the past similar to yours on a T22, same graphics chip. I ran (and still do) testing/unstable and after some updates, it started working as expected. I don't think it's disk-related.