Re: apt-get – problem configuring /etc/apt/sources.list

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:55:17 -0800, Vwaju (lou@manhattanhandyman.com) wrote:

> Might there be a guide to using apt that is conceptually clearer than
> the man page?

I am unsure what you mean by "conceptually clearer", but man apt-get
seems quite comprehensive to me.  I cannot really comment about apt-get,
having used the admittedly similar (in CLI mode) aptitude for some years
now.

In any case, please remember that sarge is now really quite old and no
longer receives security updates, which may be of concern because in
your original post you said you were building an 'Internet server'.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.