Re: hostname must tally with fqdn in /etc/hosts?

On Thu,20.Nov.08, 20:29:22, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> Why that must be, I mean when changing the hostname with hostname command,
> we also sometimes need to do the same with /etc/hosts else something weird
> would happen. Does the command hostname writes somewhere else other than
> /etc/hosts?

According to 'man hostname' it doesn't write anything:

SET NAME
	When  called  with one argument or with the --file option, the commands
	set the host name or the NIS/YP domain name. Note that this is effective
	only until the next reboot.  Edit /etc/hostname for permanent change.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)