Re: Q: List Policy

On Wed,19.Nov.08, 14:02:37, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 November 2008, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com>
> wrote about 'Re: Q: List Policy':
> >On Mon,17.Nov.08, 22:03:20, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> >> It would be nice for the list to auto-respond to any HTML posting with
> >
> >I'm pretty sure you won't see something like this from Debian lists.
>
> :(  Why not?  Some enforcement of List Policy wouldn't be bad.

Maybe, but the autoresponder stuff is just not The Debian Way (tm).
Besides, the regular threads like this one already serve as reminder for
those who would care. The people who don't care about the CoC would just
ignore (or filter out) the auto-responder.

> >> As far as the CC's, I suppose I'll just have to admonish those
> >> individuals directly.  (It would be nigh impossible for the list
> >> software to know the the poster had requested a CC or not.)  I can
> >> always killfile them if they get too annoying.  ;)
> >
> >This works for me (with maildrop):
> >
> ># bad replies from lists
> >if (/^(To|Cc):.*lists.debian.org/:h &&
> > /^(To|Cc):.*andreimpopescu@gmail.com/:h) to Maildir/.Junk/
>
> Hard to apply list-wide since sometimes a CC *is* requested.  My point was
> that the list software can't tell if the poster requested a CC or not.

Not list-wide, this is for personal use only.

> Also, I'm not subscribed to every Debian list, and this rule might throw
> away something that was sent to both me and a list I'm not on.

It's not really thrown away, it just goes to a special folder and makes
the repeated "offenders" easier to spot ;)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)