Why sarge? (was:) sarge, aptitude, archives

On Nov 19 s. keeling wrote:

> jeremy bentham <dnw@eskimo.com>:

> >  Please, no {advice, orders} to upgrade to etch.  Consider this a
> >  question about aptitude/sources.list/archives.

That does look kind of trollish.  Sorry.  Post in haste, repent
at leisure.

> Fine.  Why would you expect Sarge to work anymore?  Just curious.

Laziness.  Fear.

I have _never_ done an "upgrade" that didn't break something,
and after lurking here for a while I suspect that udev and
x.org would have me thrashing about for several days.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it:  sarge works for my simple
needs, and I'll probably stick with it until "progress" breaks
something _I_ use.

Or until my hardware fails and I have to go with a new
install anyway.  Given the age of my stuff, that's the most
likely scenario.

If the gift CDs I used to install Debian had been buzz, I'd probably
be sticking with _that_.

--
 Dave Williams
 dnw@eskimo.com