Re: How do I view a .SWF file?

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 04:10:10 +0800, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> > http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
> Can't I please avoid having to go outside Debian for the .debs?

You should not have to download anything from Adobe; flashplayer-mozilla
works for me on Sid with iceweasel 3.0.3-3 (both on i386 and and64
systems).

> FK> I think you should check which plugin iceweasel uses. You first have to
> FK> go to "about:config" (just type this without the quotes in the location
> FK> bar and hit ENTER). Then look for "plugin.expose_full_path" and set it
> FK> to "true". After that you can go to "about:plugins" and check if there
> FK> is an entry for "Shockwave Flash". Post the full filename that you see
> FK> listed there, or let us know if this entry is missing.
> It says
> No plugins are installed
>
> I am using sid and have installed all _Debian_ .debs mentioned.

Note that flashplayer-mozilla is not an official Debian package (but
nevertheless it should work fine).

Let's see what is going on here; please post the output of these two
commands:

dpkg -L flashplayer-mozilla | grep '\.so$'

ls -l /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins* /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins* /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins* /usr/lib/netscape/plugins* /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/plugins*

          Florian   |