Re: How do I view a .SWF file?

On 11/19/08 10:43, Aioanei Rares wrote:
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 5:53 PM, <jidanni@jidanni.org> wrote:

How do I view a .SWF file?
$ iceweasel http://fcmx.net/vec/get.swf?i=003702
$ wget http://fcmx.net/vec/get.swf?i=003702 -O l.swf
$ file l.swf
l.swf: Macromedia Flash data (compressed), version 7
$ iceweasel l.swf
$ dpkg -l|egrep flash\|swf\|icewe
ii  flashplayer-mozilla 1:10.0.12.36-0.2 Macromedia Flash Player
ii  iceweasel 3.0.3-3 lightweight web browser based on Mozilla
ii  libswfdec-0.8-0 0.8.2-1 SWF (Macromedia Flash) decoder library
ii  swfdec-mozilla 0.8.2-1 Mozilla plugin for SWF files (Macromedia Flash)
iceweasel just asks me if I want to save the file.

What happends if you open iceweasel, copy/paste the abobe URL in the address
bar and press Enter?

It plays, if you have Flash installed, which OP apparently doesn't.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!