Re: how to get the mac address(network card physical address) of a remote computer by its IP address?

AFAIK the MAC address is only available within a single network.
Once the packet leaves the net as an IP packet all knowledge of the
MAC disappears.  Also wireshark (PKA Ethereal) is designed to do
packet analysis by sniffing on a single net (usually by putting the
computer on which wireshark is hosted in promiscuous mode).  This
doesn't work outside the originater's net
Larry