32bit vs 64bit EXT3

Pardon me if these are basic questions, but I have only ever done clean installs of 64bit Debian before and I am having difficulty getting the answers I am looking for from Google.

I have a 32bit system with a bunch of 500GB hard drives. The system is 64bit capable and so I would like to format/reinstall with 64bit Lenny.

The system started life out as a 32bit etch install. Then later I did an upgrade to Lenny (~5 months ago) and it has been running smooth since.

Since the drives were all formated as ext3 with a 32bit Etch install, should I expect any problems with the ext3 file system when I install a 64bit Lenny?

I know that the major benefits of the 64bit ext3 don't really have any influence on my <500GB drives. I just don't know if it would be safer to just verify the backup of the whole system and format them all with 64bit Lenny. I guess my real concern is that if I just rebuild and wipe / but keep the other file systems as-is then I will have the following layout *:
hda1 64bit /
hda2 64bit swap
hda3 64bit /tmp
hdb1 32bit /home
sda1 32bit /media/sda1
sdb1 32bit /media/sdb1
sdc1 32bit /media/sdc1

So I will have a mixture of 32bit and 64bit ext3 filesystems.

Also, I would really like to keep my /home partition as is. Will there be problems when I install 64bit and it places info on top of it?

If anyone can comment, I would be appreciative. I have a full backup of the system, so if I need to I can just give it a go and see what happens. I just would not rather spend a day doing a restore if I could prevent it.

Thanks!
~S~

*Yes I know. I really do name my mount points like that. I am just crazy creative that way...