Re: index.php does not open instead download

Have you restarted apache (or whatever web server you are running)
since installing php ?

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Failing that, make sure you have the php apache module installed
(libapache2-mod-php5, i believe), then restart apache.

If the PHP code is what shows up in the downloaded file, then you have
an issue where the web server isn't processing the php code in your
index.php and may be configured incorrectly.
If the HTML is what shows up in the downloaded file, then you probably
have an issue with content-type headers, which may be a PHP setting,
but I'm not sure.

Hope that helps.

Elijah