Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 4:18 AM, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe
<tshepang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's a template where you can fill in your favourites; feel free to
> add missing categories. Please don't add what you haven't really used
> (like I used to). More than piece can be given per category. Oh, and
> there's a couple of nice editions to last year's categories:

audio editor: Audacity

audio player: xmms2, Amarok (for making playlists, services)

cd-ripper: sound juicer

desktop OR window manager: Awesome 3.0

DBMS:

development: vim

disc burner: k3b

e-mail client: gmail

file manager: bash, sometimes konqueror

finance:

ftp client:

games: frozen bubble

image editor: gimp

image viewer: gthumb

instant messenger: irssi-xmpp, irssi

mathematics: wcalc

misc utilities: git, screen, ssh,

p2p: rtorrent

package manager: aptitude

pdf-reader: evince-gtk

spreadsheet:OO.o Calc/KSpread

tag editor:

terminal emulator: urxvt

text editor: vim (considering emacs with viper, though)

video player: mplayer

web browser: Mozilla 1.9.1 aka SeaMonkey 2.0

word-processor: vim/OO.o Writer/KWord

non-free: Quake 3, Starcraft

web framework: ikiwiki

SPECIAL CATEGORIES

anything unreleased and highly anticipated:
 Xorg with Kernel Mode Setting, Gallium3d and DRI2

anything FLOSS deserving great honours (EG. Linux, GCC):
Linux kernel, Xorg, git

any organisation/community deserving great honours (EG. GNU, Debian):
FSF

any FLOSS developer deserving great honours (max 5 at most, unless you insist):
Linus Torvals, Richard Stallman, Joey Hess, Aaron Siego, Keith Packard

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers