Re: OT: How to extract sound track from a DVD

A no brainer method is by using Avidemux. Well, not actually. You still have to calculate the output form your settings ;)

2008/11/17 Jochen Schulz <ml@well-adjusted.de>
Thierry Chatelet:

> Well, everything is in the title.
> I have a DVD from a jazz concert I would like to extract the sound to play it
> in my car. Can someone suggest tools or links?

lsdvd /dev/sdX
... => Longest track: Y

mplayer -dumpstream -dumpfile dvd.dump -dvd-device /dev/sdX dvd://Y

ffmpeg -i dvd.dump -acodec mp3 -ab 162k -ar 44100 -ac 2 dvd.mp3

It is most probably also possible to do this with mplayer directly
without dumping the whole DVD onto the harddisk, but I don't need that
very often and cannot mplayer's syntax.

J.
--
I wish I was gay.