Re: debian netinstaller through proxy

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 04:27:15 -0500, S.D.Allen in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:37:59 +0530, Srinivasa Ramanujam in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
>
>> i've formatted the previous installation of debian, and have now installed
>> freshly again using netinstaller. however, i'm unable to configure the proxy
>> settings though i'm typing exactly in the same format as specified. so the
>> net installer haven't downloaded any software packages from the internet.
>> all the downloads which i did in past and at present were using high speed
>> lan connection in our campus. is there a way to select and install software
>> packages from net using proxy?
>>
>> jam, india.
>
> Jam it would have been nice if you had responded in your first thread; rather
> than start 3 new posts. You didn't need to reformat to fix your sources list.
>
> That said; See if this URL helps (you'll need to scroll down a bit);
><http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/177>

Folks:

Jam replied off list and indicated he's a rookie and didn't respond in the
other threads, because he couldn't understand the Jargon I/we used.

He clarified (in off list email) that the proxy issue is when he starts the
install NOT during. Perhaps someone can help him with that -- It appears the
University has a proxy that he needs to deal with in order to install Debian
from the net install.ISO