Re: Wrong screen resolution on startup, need to restart

Ananda Samaddar wrote:
You're not using the proprietary ATI driver by any chance are you?

Ananda

I'm running Sid on Nvidia and it's been happening for probably over a month now. About once in ten times, I'd guessed something in hardware is not being initialised, but I've no way of going further. It can't be changed without a reboot.

It also messes up the next login, where the first keypress becomes an 'e' and the third (?) is ignored. But I've often seen that happen after some kind of booting issue, for years now, and I notice the username says 'eo' just as I've hit return.
--
Joe