Re: could not get sound working on Lenny KDE4

Finally, got it working. KMix muted it by default.

2008/11/15 Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki@gmail.com>

2008/11/14 Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es>

[ Please don't top post. ]

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 05:37:48 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> 2008/11/9 Florian Kulzer:
> > Does the sound work when you run
> >
> > speaker-test -t sine
> >
> > or are there any error messages?
> debguy:~# speaker-test -t sine
> -su: speaker-test: command not found

To solve this particular problem, install the package "alsa-utils".
no error-message with
#speaker-test -t sine

> I couldn't even find "speaker-test" package with aptitude. any other way?

To solve the general problem of finding out which package contains a
given file, install the package "apt-file".

--
Regards,            | http://users.icfo.es/Florian.Kulzer
         Florian   |

when I tried booting up with Ubuntu and Elive, the sound works. Any other way to get the sound working? Perhaps I'm missing something.

--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net