Re: power-efficiency & non-x86 desktop systems

On 11/14/08 21:22, D G Teed wrote:
[snip]

You can build a desktop from an Intel Atom based motherboard
and CPU.  40 Watts maximum for the CPU and mainboard.
With a high efficiency power supply, I'm measuring 42 watts idle,
47 watts under load.  That is with twin 320 GB SATA drives and 2 GB
of RAM and a DVD drive.

I have one running Debian for web server and mail server (light duty) and I also
run a desktop on it.  Low cost hardware, low cost power consumption.
I am predicting this kind of product will be big the future,
as energy costs rise.

What's it's performance when watching a Flash-heavy website, or playing a movie?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

If you don't agree with me, you are worse than Hitler!!!