Re: Lenny, apt(titude), dependency issues, seg faults and corrupted .DEB packages

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 14:03:16 +0000
Nick Syrotiuk <syrotiuk@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Yes, it could be that.  I'm a software guy not a hardware guy.  How
> do you suggest I diagnose a hardware problem?

Try shutdown -rF now and watch when the file systems are checked on
reboot. Try to remove as many memory sticks from the board as possible
(unplug the power supply before you open the case) and see what
happens. If nothing changes, swap the memory stick against the one of
those you have taken out until all sticks are checked. Research about
incompatibilities with the board and the memory, maybe something is
known. Change out the SATA cables.