Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> Here's a template where you can fill in your favourites; feel free to
> add missing categories. Please don't add what you haven't really used
> (like I used to). More than piece can be given per category. Oh, and
> there's a couple of nice editions to last year's categories:

audio editor: audacity

audio player: xmms

cd-ripper: kaudiocreator

desktop OR window manager: kde

DBMS: mysql

development: lazarus, quanta+

disc burner: k3b

e-mail client: icedove/thunderbird, mutt

file manager: zsh, star commander in some rare cases

finance:

ftp client: whatever makes the job done (ftp, browser, mc, etc.)

games: nethack, frozen bubble, freedroid

image editor: gimp

image viewer: display/image magick

instant messenger: kopete

mathematics:

misc utilities: 7zip

p2p: bittornado

package manager: aptitude

pdf-reader: kpdf

spreadsheet: gnumeric

tag editor:

terminal emulator: konsole

text editor: nano

video player: xine

web browser: iceweasel/firefox

word-processor: open office writer

anything unreleased and highly anticipated: Debian Lenny (as stable)

anything FLOSS deserving great honours (EG. Linux, GCC): cc65

any organisation/community deserving great honours (EG. GNU, Debian): gnu,
debian, apache, mysql, postgresql, vice

any FLOSS developer deserving great honours (max 5 at most, unless you
insist): Joe Forster/STA, the author of Star Commander, Igor Pavlov, the
author of 7-Zip

--
Juha Tuuna