"Building dependency tree... 50%"

It just hangs.

---------------------

I really wish I had Super Cow powers to solve these problems but I don't. :)

What's a good way to proceed? My system remains a complete mess. It was so perfect just yesterday...

Regards,
Nick

Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2008-11-12 13:14 +0100, Nick Syrotiuk wrote:

re: problem 1
What command(s) do I need to execute after I correct the typo in the file?

Try "aptitude -f install" or "apt-get -f install".  Or maybe "aptitude
safe-upgrade".
re: problem 2
Where/how can I find the error messages of the failed
post-installation script?

You ran the upgrade under script, didn't you?  Look in its log file.

My system is very badly messed up:
- tty 1-6 broken; i.e., cannot login

That's rather bad.  What packages are currently broken on your system?

Sven