Re: how to use mplayer to convert DVD to a file?

Your requests for help do not contain the appropriate amount of background needed for us to answer you in anything other than generalities.

So, remembering that we are not paid to answer your questions, read this and come back when you ask smart questions.

On 11/11/08 21:38, Serena Cantor wrote:
Your reply is not helpful.

--- On Tue, 11/11/08, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>
Subject: Re: how to use mplayer to convert DVD to a file?
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 10:06 PM
On 11/11/08 19:03, Serena Cantor wrote:
If I give enough details, can you help me out?

If my memory doesn't fail, there are only 2
directories in DVD, I copy them to
/mnt/dos4/1415

And I can use vlc to play by just specifying
directory.
After conversion, I wish frame size is about 384x288.
The film is

Good, that's a 4:3 aspect ratio.

90 minute long, I wish the file size is about 500
megabytes. As

How large is the source file/directory?

 > to format I wish it can be played in Windows and
Linux.

Lots of formats are cross-platform

--- On Tue, 11/11/08, Ron Johnson